Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A World Without Chocolates

Chocolates..Chocolates.. Can you imagine a world without it?

For a girl who’s lived most of her life with what seemed like an endless supply of chocolates, she definitely cannot. A week or two without the stuff is no doubt a torture. Yap! That’s how I felt when my doctor diagnosed me to have an acute gastritis and acute gastrointestinal whatever. One by one, she listed the “NO-NO!” fares for me. Thus, fatty foods, sodas, milk, yadda..yadda..yadda… chocolates……WHAT???!!!!!!!! Yup, I heard it right. No chocolates for a while, at least until we’re sure that I don’t have a gaping hole in my stomach.

I said to myself: I can do it! Better to have a 0%-chocolate in the body than have a slimy tube down my throat.

Guess what.. not a week later, I’m looking for any excuse to get my hands on the sinful stuff. Chocolate drinks?..chocolate flavored chips?.. Candies?..Flat tops? Anything! But the world seemed to conspire against me.. my friends won’t let me near the stuff, all the chocolates in my house found a good hiding place.. and I’m left with my pitiful craving.

What an empty world without chocolates. Truly a tragedy. But hey! Just three more days and my woeful state is over…Yahoo!!! I can go binge, ok, maybe not binge..indulge is a more diplomatic term.. I can go indulge on chocolates again. Can’t wait!!