Wednesday, January 16, 2008

To Fall In Love With The Stars

How often do I look up at the midnight sky to hold my beloved? Seldom…almost never. I admit to not having the luxury of gazing at the stars…but never will I deny my deep attraction for them.

It is during those brief moments, those fetching encounters, that I discover my inner peace and satisfaction. It’s ironic that I speak of contentment and tranquillity when there’s another unbridled emotion that courses through me when I look at the stars…. Everything stops… All else remain a fraction of reality. The here and now do not exist, what’s left is the yearning to transcend. Extend my arms to that wide expanse of dreams, possibilities and freedom. A craving that will never die down unless I get closer to my love and touch them.

There is hope, I know there is, but only if I find the courage and conviction to abscond from the vicious cycle that is consistently, over time, slowing and sucking down the emotions that are the very life of me. One day, someday, the time will come when I will eventually reach up, fly high and revere in the thought that I am finally free.



Liberty is what everyone wants.. well, almost everyone. It is the emancipation from worldly things and nonsense virtuosity that are forever sought after but were never really attained. Will I ever conquer such powerful adversaries? I can try; after all, when I look at the stars and go to that moment of clarity, I realize that all I ever could want is simplicity and freedom from damnable expressions and prejudice.