Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Birthday Surprise... year 2006

When it happened…..June 27, 2006 

I know my illegitimate sisters have been cooking up something for me. They said so….haha! Funny coz they’re more excited about it than me. They can’t even wait to tell me that they have a surprise. I admit to liking surprises…i like giving them. The little things lang naman. But. I haven’t gotten much of it myself that I don’t know how to react. Honestly, I didn’t know what to feel when they told me about it. I’ve been conspiring to catch Tina off guard and reveal what they’re planning, but she’s as tight-lipped about it as a clam. Couldn’t extract any information! The day finally came, I remember donning my red low v-neck empire cut top from mint, paired with denims and black slip ons, wishing that the two aren’t up to some crazy out of this world racket, (but a blind date with a hottie was a welcome surprise..haha!)..Ttick tock, tick, tock – the clock strikes 5pm , (okay, Tina’s on her way already)… tick, tock, (5:35pm says emem’s digi clock) cling, cling….Huy! (Tina’s here!).. Pack-up Time!! Our adventure started the moment we passed the jolly jeep in front of Salon de Ken and they admitted that they’ll be taking me out on a date (well, it’s not how they said it, they said.. we’ll treat you to a movie and dinner, You won’t pay a centavo!, to me it’s pretty much like a date..hehehe). Flattered and embarrassed, that was what I felt. I thought it was really sweet of them, coz if I think about it, we didn’t really had a chance to go out on a movie together (well we have had dinner together while watching dvds at the dorm, I think it doesn’t count). I was embarrassed because I didn’t want them spending too much on me, I didn’t know how to tell them that and I just didn’t have the heart to do so because they were so excited. Haha! The funny thing is while on our way to greenbelt, we were snapping away some photos for the scrapbook they’re making for me (haha, guys I won’t pretend I don’t know it because nasabi nyo na din, I just hope the pictures turned out ok..haha!). Ces and I almost ran head straight in the middle of traffic just because we wanted a shot while crossing the street. That was when I started having fun and realized how much they’re getting out of their way to make me feel special and make me happy. It was an overwhelming realization. Off we go to watch Scary Movie 4, they bought me a popcorn; normally, I could finish a giant cheese flavored popcorn by myself before the movie ends, and as Alex witnessed what a sucker I am for popcorns he said matakaw ako..haha!, but, since they’re paying nahiya naman ako na magmadamot and cheerfully shared it with them. Though the movie was short and not as entertaining as the previous 3, I had good laughs too. After the movie, we went off to grab some dinner at Mann Hann, even asked Glecie’s advice on which to order (Chinese itesh)… We got Yang Chao, Chami and sweet & sour fish fillet. Can’t eat much coz we’re still full, thanks to the giant popcorn. While having dinner, I had so much fun chatting. Cess and I are in the same office but we rarely get a chance to chat since she came back coz I know how much work she’s been doing. Unfortunately, the place is closing already and the waiter volunteered on giving us the bill without us asking, so we guess it was time to go. It was bitin so we promised to have coffee some other time, definitely before I leave. Outside G4, it was time to go our separate ways.. Cess went off to where she can ride a Washington jeep while Tina and myself went the other way towards MRT.

I had a wonderful night. Thanks guys! Seeing a movie and having dinner might not be an out of the ordinary thing between friends but your purpose and effort in making it a lasting memory for three simple ladies like us is nowhere near extraordinary, it transcends exceptional and is simply historic for me. I may not be someone who deserves so much special attention or caring, but that night, I am so grateful for it. As I said, I am so used to making others feel special that I almost forgot how it felt. Thank you so much for letting me rediscover that heavenly feeling. I owe the two of you a lot. Sometime, somewhere, someday…we’ll meet again and I’m sure the bond we have (remember, you’re my illegitimate sisters) will always be there. One time, I’ll write a story of how the three of us met..haha! looking forward to it.