Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A Walk in the Garden..

It’s a bright new sun shiny day… I knew something was different..But didn’t discover it until I had my walk in the garden. The Garden…it’s not much…just a bit of space beside our house that my mom filled with her precious flowers, from her collection of a decade old orchids up to the most recent breed of euphorbia. She even got a simple collection of cacti, which, by the way, I think are cute. She’s been working on it for so many years that I think we have more plants in our lot than the whole block combined. For the past week, I’ve been doing the same routine over and over again; Would sleep around 2 or 3 in the morning, wake up at noon, eat, watch tv, stay in my room, soundtrip while reading, watch dvd, sleep, eat chocolates, make desserts, tease nessie, chat with gles and wenski, watch tv,…yada yada yada…..believe me, same old routine every single day. Today, it’s Sunday….for the first time this week, I woke up at 8 to attend mass at 9. Surprisingly, I enjoyed playing nanny to two of my cousins, would’ve been three if only God gave me an extra hand for my little cousin to hold. At home, I decided to give the car some pampering (We’re going to pick my dad up in Intramuros, so I wanted the car to be impeccably handsome). While I busied myself with the car, got an unexpected visit from a long lost family friend…I was diverted again by a bouncing year old baby boy…super cute and cuddly! Later in the afternoon, my mom and I went to Intramuros for two reasons; first is to pick my dad up. Second is to meet with gles and henry to give them something for the laptop’s repair. Thank you so much guys! Owe you bigtime! Coffee tayo minsan! It’s been a busy day for me that I just wanted to drop down on my bed and snooze the rest of the day. Unfortunately, I was so full of French fries, coke float, pansit and sopas that I decided to talk a walk in the garden. THIS IS IT!!!!! My walk in the garden is the first serene action I have had in months. It made me feel so light that I realized that this is what I’ve been missing this past year since I started working. This afternoon, I was able to examine every flower, bark and root I passed. I was able to enjoy the cool breeze of the late afternoon. I was able to sit with my most favorite dog in the whole world and by the way he affectionately pressed his head to my tummy, I could say that he missed me.. I felt guilty of course because the only communication I’ve had with him this past year was a Pat on the head and a reminder that he cannot go out. Haha, poor boy! To make things better, my dad came out with a cup of tea. Another thing I haven’t done in a while is to sit down with my dad and enjoy a steaming cup of tea, so I hurried inside and got myself some tea and went out to sit with him. I felt so light today that I just had to write it down.. I want to capture these memories while I still can. I want to have as much as my defective memory could carry so that when I go away, I have something to give me strength. Something that would remind me of my purpose in life.