Sunday, January 31, 2010

BIG World...

Whenever I read an interesting book, I get cut off from the outside world. Doesn't matter whether I read in my room, living room, dining table - no one or nothing can ever drag me from the house or the book.

I started reading Stephanie Meyer's Breaking Dawn yesterday around 9AM. I haven't finished reading Twilight nor my copy of New Moon and even Eclipse, so why read the last book?... just because I want to =) ... Anyway, I started reading the book yesterday morning and finished this afternoon before sunset. I spent a great deal of time in my room yesterday then I got bored and worried that my family would think I'm sleeping the day away...again... went down, read in the dining table... then moved to the living room, read while watching 13 Ghosts, and when I believed I've convinced them of my presence in the house, I went back up to my room.

This afternoon... I read with my drapes up. My eyes are quite sensitive and I don't want it to hurt because of light-deprivation. When I finished reading, it was about time to shut the drapes.. I started with the window closest to my bed...outside, I saw a mother and her child walking and happily swaying their clasped hands. I couldn't help but think... It's a BIG WORLD out there...Then I moved to the adjacent window and saw a group of youngsters by the store in front of my house and thought... and there's a BIGGER WORLD outside the big world...

Conclusion.. I want to see and be in the Bigger World outside the Big World... wherever that is