Sunday, December 20, 2009

Simbang Gabi.....

Simbang gabi is one Christmas tradition I look forward to each year. I like seeing the people rushing to church. Love the bibingka and puto-bumbong stands outside church, pandesal in the morning, plus a variety of fruits near the entrance gate of my village. There's a lot of goodies to choose from.

Honestly, I don't like waking up at three in the morning to catch the 4am mass. However, this year, my work allows me to attend mass at 4am. happy..... The first three days, Necy (our helper) and I attended mass at 4am. However, on the 4th day, I decided to attend the 8pm mass. Since it's a Saturday, I would like to give Necy longer time to rest ^^.

On the first night of Simbang Gabi, I saw a shooting star.. It was a beautiful sight. Now, it's the fifth night already... time flies...Christmas is really near.. Yey! Happy! There's a lot of things to look forward to this Christmas...

I took a picture of the star lanterns, each one represents a day ^^


 

I wanted to take pictures of the choir and the 'belen', but I'm shy... there were too many people ^_^ Next time, i'll try to get snapshots.